Eating disorders encompass anorexia nervosa, bulimia, binge-eating disorder, and purging disorder.
The Institute of Psychiatry used to keep an up-to-date page of resources relevant to eating disorders - now only available via archive.org
- NICE guidelines for eating disorders (January 2004) nice.org.uk
- 'Overcoming disordered eating' is a self-help programme developed by the Centre for Clinical Interventions (Australia) Link to part ALink to part B
- Taming the hungry bear - self help for binge eating disorders iop.kcl.ac.uk archive.org
- Toolkit for carers - caring for those with eating disorders iop.kcl.ac.uk archive.org
- Cooper, Z., Fairburn, C. (2009). Management of bulimia nervosa and other binge-eating problems. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 15, 129-136 rcpsych.org
The Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) is an Australian mental health organisation that conducts research, provides training and supervision, and offers a clinical service. They have made some really useful resources for treating eating disorders
Self-help Programme - Part 1
- What is an eating disorder?
- How ready am I to change?
- How eating disorders are maintained
- Self monitoring
- Regular eating and weighing
- Binge eating, purging, and driven exercise
- Moods and disordered eating
- Dietary rules
- Progress review and barriers to change
Self-help Programme - Part 2